Sunday, April 12, 2009

Memories of Tiffany - Happy Birthday


There are many things that come to mind when I think of my life with Tiffany. First, she came into this life startling everyone, being early. No offense to your sisters, but they were late! Tiffany, number four in birth order, came early, making me think that it was a competition, and she was going to beat her siblings. Of course the number one family story is when Tiffany as a 3 year old, tugged on our Bishop's coat and said when he leaned down to hear what she had to say, "Ya know what? My dad is a pervert." Where did she get that? We moved shortly after that. The years in Ohio bring memories of the black, stick-on earrings, trips in the car playing the State Capitals game, and Judy Kyees talent shows. Then soccer came into Tiff's life. One game, we showed up an hour early and Tiff and I just made a mental movie of her playing in the world cup, shooting on goal against Italy and stuffing it in the upper left corner. The crowd went wild and Tiff's shot won the game. Then, in her game that day, she made the exact shot! From that point on, she was a scoring machine.

We played many family games in Ohio. SPUD was a favorite; we liked our trampoline, and the tether-ball. Mostly, we played soccer. When Ryan came along, she taught Ryan to play soccer. She put up her goal in the front yard and had him stand in as goalie. She would blast it past him every time. It's a wonder he thought it was fun - Tiff was just toughing him up for U3 soccer! Fire was the semi-pro team for Tiff. I was most proud when Tiff made the tough decision to quit rather than play or practice on Sunday. That was a character-building decision, with no input from mom or dad.
When we moved to Park City and Left you behind, I realized that nothing could be worth not having you with us. When you came up to stay with us after you graduated from High School, we enjoyed you so much. You were funny and a treat. You even started recruiting your friends to sell Prepaid Legal (Ugh!). I enjoyed helping you buy your first new car, the Kia Rio. You helped us find a new home (on Malibu) and a new school for Ryan. Then after a brief stay in jail, you found Chris, and moved away! Thanks for all the good memories! You have been easy to love ever since you appeared on the scene. We love you, Tiffany. Happy Birthday!

Tiff, I hope you know how much you are loved and have been such a blessing to our family from the first time we laid eyes on you. We have loved to watch you grow and have enjoyed all of the little Tiffany sayings that have become regular sayings in our house. Remember this one: IT’S A PARTY, BUT NOT FOR YOU! How about: YOU FARTED, YOU STINK!, YOU PIG!, I WANTA BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT WHEN YOU GET UP ON THE STAGE, PEOPLE CLAP! Ha Ha, COULD YOU NOT! AND THE VERY BEST ONE: I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!! You have always been so fun and loving to your family and we are so thankful for your happy, quick wit. You always make me laugh even when you are having a bad day you still come up with funny things to say that make me laugh. I love you so much and I wish I could go back at least one day in time to when you and I would hang out all day together before Ryan was born and the other girl’s were in school. Those were magical memories of my sweet little Tiffany that I will always cherish. Thank you for all of your hard work. It’s not easy to be a full time Mom and the world doesn’t give Mom’s a lot of credit but I hope you feel loved and the people that matter the most love you so much and appreciate all that you do. You are so beautiful and talented and I’m very proud to say that I’m your Mom. I feel so lucky to have been blessed with such wonderful children. Thank you so much for being such a great wife, daughter , Mom, sister, friend, and neighbor. You do so much for so many people and it shows because you have so many friends. I couldn’t love you more, I’m sure of it!!!!!!!!! Mom

1 comment:

tiffany knox said...

thanks mom and dad! Im always relieved when the picture you pick isn't embarrassing! I love being a mom and relating my experiences to the experiences and memories we shared growing up. I love the life recap dad, people will definately start to wonder what happened wen you talk about my praiseworthy decision to not play on sundays followed by a few days in the slammer. thats funny! I am thankful for my parents yes I am! thanks for making me feel extra special!

Our Family Slide Show